Monday, October 1, 2012

Sourdough Bread and Pizza Dough




 This is what my sourdough looked like. Bubbly and happy. I took out 2 cups of it and put it in another jar, added a cup of flour and water in it and repeated the starter process so I can keep making sourdough foods.

 We took out 3 cups of starter and mixed in whole wheat flour, salt and water. After a while, it turns doughy and that's when I started to knead it.



After a LONG time, it looked and felt perfect so I put it in a clean bowl and let it rise. Tomorrow I divide and bake. :) SO HAPPY!!!






This is a sourdough pizza recipe my friend, Becky sent me. We took the remaining cup and a half starter, put olive oil, and salt, mixed and kneaded and rolled out... VOILA, in the oven at 400F for however long it takes to bake but not burn, probably 30 minutes? I'll let you know. It IS midnight, so I am going to put it in the fridge and use it tomorrow.


Haha have you figured out that I do not follow recipes very well yet?


Anyway, CAN'T wait to make Balsamic Vinegar Pearls for October's challenge!!! 

 SEQUEL:


My sourdough got huge in the morning!!! So I just kneaded it and divided it into three pans and baked bread!


My Pizza from lunch :) It was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment