Saturday, February 23, 2013

February Challenge: Sourdough Waffles

My husband bought me a waffle maker from Facebook so I have been itching to try it out. I didn't wanna just make waffles, I wanted to make sourdough waffles with my homegrown sourdough!!! If you want to try to grow your own bacteria, this is how.  

So, I grew my sourdough, and when it was ready to be used, I took out 2 cups of sourdough, mixed in 2 eggs, some olive oil, some salt, tiny bit of baking soda (to make it more bubbly), and yes, molasses. 

Well, guess what happened to me. I told you from the beginning why this section of my blog was created, right? To experiment and challenge myself because I am not good in the kitchen? Yeah. Look at my pictures. It took me just one very hard to take out waffle to figure out I needed some kinda oil on my waffle iron. When I showed these pictures to my friends, they told me I was crazy and actually needed to spray PAM on it. Well, I didn't have PAM and I don't ever want to use PAM so I just drench olive oil on the iron. Guess what happened. Yes, the batter spilled out. HA! Anyway, I finally did it. The kids really liked my waffles though. It was very very tasty, and crispy because of the bubbly sourdough. 










No comments:

Post a Comment