Friday, August 30, 2013

August 2013 - 3 challenges




 Remember the almond milk we made together? I finally decided to actually make something out of the almond meal. I went online, looked for the recipe for almond butter, and this is what I got. Here's the website I went to. I am excited about this site. I'm gonna try making nutella next! My kids really liked the almond butter on crackers and pita chips. My blades didn't work well like the author had warned. I had to put more honey and coconut oil in it to make it thicker so it would mix.

 Next, a completely vegan meal my family loves. It's a cantonese dish called lettuce wrap. This dish costs an arm and a leg at PF chang's!

Instead of a meat, I used tempeh which is a vegan product. I mixed it with waterchestnut, mushrooms, raw peanuts, and a small can of hoisin sauce. I served it with miso soup and green leaf lettuce.



This was actually tonight's dinner. I always make the pizza but tonight I figured to let my kids do it. We got some free "sandwich thins" so we laid them out, let them chop the veggies up, spread tomato sauce on their breads, sprinkled cheese on the top, and baked them. My kids loved them!!! I did too. It was cheap, easy, and less work!!


No comments:

Post a Comment