Saturday, January 5, 2013

Playing Catch up - December Challenge in January

Merry Christmas and Happy 2013!!!!! So you have noticed I totally did not do anything in December. You are correct ha! My husband totally spoiled me and cooked almost every meal for 2 weeks. What can I say? He is a keeper. I have no where to brag so I am bragging here LOL! He spoils me every week to a date and his leadership in this household allows me to breathe as a wife. Financially, he has grown to be so responsible. Physically, he challenges me to eat healthy and stay fit. Spiritually, let's just say it's so good to know God speaks to your husband so as a wife, you can completely rely on his partnership with the Lord. There is nothing better than to be married to a godly man, full of integrity and wisdom. He is super protective of me and is willing to do the grunt work to keep this family tight knit. There. ;-) That's why I didn't cook much in December. 

First thing in December I made: Basil Pesto. It was super good. It smelled delicious. I cut 2 cups of my indoor basil, shredded cheese, put 3 cloves of garlic, olive oil, if you like nuts you could put pine nuts or walnuts. I had bought store brand basil pesto so I made two pizzas, one with the fresh pesto, one with processed. Seriously, the fresh pizza was the BOMB.








Second thing I made, Cheesy chips. I shredded cheese, put oil in a pan, baked it till it was crispy. As you can see, this was over cooked. My son started to vomit right when I turned the oven off and I left the pan in the oven and this was what happened. It was super crispy though and still good. My kids loved it.


No I did not make this pomelo. This is a fruit I used to eat, growing up in Hong Kong. It was good but nothing compared to the ones I had as a child. In my opinion, you have not had fruit till you have traveled to Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, or Thailand for their fruits. Take your pick for your next vacation!

Last on the menu, kale chips. Yes, the ones my lil sister introduced me to! YUMMY YUM YUM!!!!! It was  a piece of cake. I literally ripped out the leaves, drizzled oil and salt, spread it on a pan, put in the oven till I thought they looked crispy, and voila! My babies loved them.




I don't know what food I am going to do next, I was thinking trying to make apple crisps. What do you think? Which recipe should I try out next for January? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment